Astrology and Herbs: The Love Affair for the Ages
Astrology and Herbs
with Lee Lehman
7:00 – 10:00 pm
Via Live Webinar
Open to the public
Suggested donation $15-$25
(click the payment tab)
Login information below
Recording will be available afterward if you can’t attend live!
Astrology entered into medical practice in the Hellenistic period. One of the ways was through the classification of herbs according to planetary rulerships. This system of melothesia became a primary means for predicting which herbs would be useful given a particular medical case. These ideas continued to be used extensively well into the 19th century, and are still the basis behind traditional Unani (Persian) medicine today. In this lecture, Lee discusses these links between plants and planets, and how to use them.
Astrology and Herbs with Lee Lehman
Wed, Jul 26, 2017 7:00 PM – 10:00 PM EDT
Please join my meeting from your computer, tablet or smartphone.
You can also dial in using your phone.
United States: +1 (224) 501-3412
Access Code: 626-114-141
First GoToMeeting? Try a test session: https://care.citrixonline.com/g2m/getready
United Astrology Conference
Planetary Hours & Electional Astrology
Track: Traditional Astrology
The Four Humors and the Four Great Disease Systems in Medical Astrology
Track: Health & Wellness
Dates to be determined: save the dates, and check back soon!
ISAR POST SYMPOSIUM WORKSHOPS: Monday, October 17th 10:00 – 2:00 PM
Astrology and Self Care
Lee Lehman: Emerald #1
Astrology and Self Care
Today, as we have recovered more of the historical works in our own field, we now have the background to combine these ancient medical ideas with astrology to design for wellness and stress reduction. The elements can be combined with astrological herbalism to help us explore lifestyle choices. We will explore methods for stress reduction, and also integrate interior toxicity considerations based on their astrological temperaments. Living well means living smart.
I am especially eager to present this workshop, because it introduces material from my upcoming STA Medical Astrology course.
Cincinnati. OH & Online: 1-3 February 2019
Medical & Horary Weekend
Basic Medical and Horary Astrology: Level II
The purpose of this class is to:
- Provide the student with the tools to answer a series of common questions that routinely occur in an astrological practice
- Introduce the student to the medical theories common when medical astrology was developed
- Introduce practical applications to show the student how astrological methods can act as an adjunct to the client’s concerns about medical questions, practices, and timing.
Please note: this course is open to people who are not enrolled in the Midwest School of Astrology, who want to take advantage of this material. Lee only presents this material in this depth live in two locations: Cincinnati and Amsterdam. The course design has about double the coverage of a typical weekend workshop. Please contact the Midwest School of Astrology to register for these unique events.
Cincinnati & Online: 11-13 May 2018
Classical Methods Weekend: Level I
The purpose of this course is to:
- Present an overview of classical method, and how its precepts differ from modern astrology
- Provide an introduction to the traditional concept of essential dignities
- Introduce the use of accidental fortitudes
- Explain the classical interpretation of the synodic cycle
- Explain and provide practical instruction in the use of particular classical techniques that provide information about the Native not normally accessible in a modern context.
Please note: this course is open to people who are not enrolled in the Midwest School of Astrology, who want to take advantage of this material. The course design has about double the coverage of a typical weekend workshop. Please contact the Midwest School of Astrology to register for these unique events.